Thursday, September 30, 2010

mail: lost in transit

I love mail. This is a fact. Most people who know me know this about me. I don't know what it is about checking the mail and finding an envelope for me that just makes my whole day slash sometimes week. I guess I get my love of the handwritten note (read: personal; typed letters from friends are just as appreciated) from my dad, and since he's a best-selling author he must be onto something, right?

In honor of mail, I have been making slash writing lots of letters and cards recently and I thought I should share some of them with you. (A few of you may recognize these as little gifts that have arrived to you recently...) Since there are a lot of them and usually one picture doesn't quite do them justice, I think we'll try doing a series of posts.

This first one is a card that I wrote to my dear friend Matt Webb while he was at summer camp (the same camp I worked at with him last year). We exchanged several letters this summer, and this was the last one I wrote to him while he was a camp, but it got lost in the mail. What? Lame sauce. All that survives are these photos...

Looks, confusing, right?

Here it is from the back: this paper á la Purgatory recycling bin.

You open it up, pull the sides apart, and behold! the world makes sense again. (There was also a secret stamped message between the cards that was not photographed, regrettably. I guess you'll just have to use your imagination.)

Tomorrow: Playing Cards: They're not just for "gaming" anymore.

No comments: