Wednesday, September 15, 2010

i feel much better, both body and soul

I had a rough day today. I'm not really sure why: I was productive around the house, got some gross application stuff out of the way, laundry...things I'd been putting off for a while are finally off my plate. I think my problem was that I started thinking about next week: it is going to be a crazy week. I have a friend coming into town and all of a sudden I have a million things to do all at once. Classic. And as my day progressed it just seemed to get worse and weird and I knew it was all in my head, it was just my attitude, but there seemed to be nothing I could do about it. I felt like I was having a mini-panic attack on my way to class, which, on the up side, got me there in a swift half hour instead of the usual 45 minutes.

Lucky for me I have a friend like Gloria. I went over to her house after Institute tonight and we just talked and were together (I think one of my problems is that I spent so much of my day alone today. That's never good for me). I just love Gloria. I really do. Talking to her tonight made me feel, as she put it, "much better, both body and soul." I love that we are friends, and neighbors, and that she walked me halfway home tonight in the dark and that she gives me a hug when we part and that we understand each other and that she is a hippie. I am so lucky to know her. She completes me. Thank you, Gloria, for being my friend.

2 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

You know...I totally get like that too. Nice thing is when it subsists long term. I am glad you have a good friend for that :)

Your comments on my blog always make me so happy, they are so sweet, thanks :)

gloria said...

I like you too!