Sunday, August 21, 2011

sunbeams

Today in my Sunbeam class one of the little girls asked me if she could take a picture of my hair to show her mom. Let me be clear, neither she nor I had a camera, and the question was asked at the tail end of the lesson about forgiveness, so, not exactly relevant. In other words, a standard 3-year-old question. I replied, "Uh... Maybe later." What? I don't know. What do you say to that? If you have a better response, please, let me know so I can use it next time.

When her mom came to pick her up after class she told me that at the Primary activity yesterday her daughter had turned to her and said, "Isn't Sister Elton's hair so cute in those piggy tails? I like how she does it on Sunday, too though. I think I'll ask to take a picture so I can show you." Her mom replied that she had seen me on Sunday before so she knew what my hair looked like, and agreed that it did look cute. Her daughter replied, "Well, I think I'll ask to take a picture anyway so I can show my whole family."

Haha. Apparently I have a little fan club. And tell you what, I don't hate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Not your typical story of a three year old, but not your typical three year old teacher either.