Saturday, May 29, 2010

project #24: kiboko the hippo

For Mother's Day my friend Matt had a brainstorm: he would write a book about a little hippo and his mom (hippos are his favorite animal). He would have his friend Isaac illustrate it, have me bind it into a book, and then give it to his mother for Mother's Day. Great idea! Too bad he came up with it about three days before Mother's Day. Needless to say, it was not ready in time. However, here we are almost a month later and it's done! Matt did all of the writing and formatting himself, though Issac and I both helped a bit with the editing. It's a pretty cute story about one hippo's journey home and his discoveries about the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. Here are some teaser pages to peak your interest:


I printed out three for Matt (one for his mom, him, and Issac) but I'm thinking about making some more and putting them in the shop. Thoughts?

No comments: