Wednesday, December 30, 2009

the big clean

Ever since I graduated and moved across the country in June I have lived my life out of a series of suitcases and boxes. Today I decided that it had to stop. I'd go to look for things and I wouldn't know if they were in my closet, the rooftop case still largely unpacked in the garage, or in the boxes upstairs, in the shed, or in the storage unit. It was becoming quite the adventure to locate things like shoes, clothes, or my bookbinding tools.

So today I embarked on the first of a series of days dedicated to The Big Clean. Among other things I unearthed some cat eye glasses (that I decided I actually really like), a series of fantastic hats (all of which I will bring with me to Michigan so I can have a different hat each day... though Jace's parents will probably think I'm crazy), and all of my jewelery. All in all it was a rather successful day, although now my entire floor and desk are covered in things. What I want to know is how I ended up with so many things in the first place!

2 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Wow, you're traveling all over the place! I'm proud of you for cleaning everything. I tend to do that when I'm stressed, which is why my closet was reorganized four times this past semester.

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch Billy Crystal - 700 Sundays, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/Billy_Crystal_700_Sundays-tickets looking forward to it.