Monday, May 11, 2009

moms of the world


Today is Mothers' Day and as such I feel that I would be ungrateful if I did not pay tribute to my mom. Her name is Heidi and she is awesome. Sometimes she comes to visit me and we do awesome things like play four square and see the movie Earth because it is Earth Day and we go to the Hari Krisna Festival of Colors on a date and it is not awkward but awesome and I love her. She listens to me when I have crazy ideas and supports me in the things are important to me. She listens to me when I talk about silly boys and when I cry about stupid things. She laughs at me when I am funny (and sometimes when I am not trying to be funny) and she gives me hugs and makes everything all better, just like moms should. I am lucky to have her as a mom.

As I'm reading this over it sounds really lame, but I guess that just goes to show you that there are somethings for which words are inadequate. Even for an English major.

No comments: