Sunday, April 12, 2009

easter

Easter Sunday was a great day! I spent it in Sandy with my aunt and uncle, their kids, and their kids' kids. It was a lot of fun. One of the things I noticed while hanging out with my aunt Taunya and cousins Ade and Rayne is that we all laugh the same. Someone would say something funny and we would all laugh in the same way but different tones. It was one of those family connections, you know? It reminded me of when my parents came down to visit for Christmas and came to my house Christmas party. I introduced my mom to my friend Bryce and as she and I were talking he looked back and forth between the two of us and got this kind of scared look in his eyes. I asked him if he was ok and he said, "It's like Cassi in surround sound." Haha. My mom and I are the same person.

My cousins-once-removed (aka my cousin's kids) are pretty adorable. For Easter my cousin Rayne (their aunt) gave all three of them these adorable skirts from the Gap, for which she works. The littlest Martin, Rylie, had a yellow skirt and she looked like a baby chick, or possibly, because of her stripped leggings, more like Big Bird. All three of the girls were colorful and pretty much the cutest kids on the block.

We went to Jenny and Ryan's new ward for church and there were lots of old people. Stephanie would have loved it. We felt a little bad all visiting today because they were all so excited to see new young people in the ward and we were not really there to stay. One woman, Claudia, was very excited to see us and super friendly. She introduced herself to my cousin-in-law Jenny and then when Jenny introduced her to someone else a minute later Claudia looked at her surprised and said, "How do you know my name?" It was hilarious. She is my favorite.

When we got home from church Ade, Rayne, Taunya and I had our own Easter egg hunt in the house. It was Ade's idea, of course, and it was actually a lot of fun. Sadly there wasn't any candy in the eggs because we just hid some that Taunya had on the table for decoration. Speaking of candy, I need to go buy some candy eggs because now they will all be on sale and they are my favorite candy in the whole world...

No comments: