Tuesday, March 20, 2012

dinner

Inspired by this amazing menu notepad my Mom gave me for my birthday, I decided to pick 6 meals we would make and eat for dinner this week. We tried our first recipe today and it was a success! It was pretty simple to make, so I thought I'd share it with the blogosphere.

Baby Spinach Salad (serves 4)
7 oz young spinach leaves
6 oz Edam cheese
2 small apples
3 T. olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt & pepper

Wash the spinach, then cut the apples and cheese into small cubes and combine in a salad bowl. Mix the oil with the lemon juice and pour over the salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
That's it! The original recipe (with photo shown above) also includes 3 1/2 oz of chorizo (which we substituted with pepperoni), but I didn't think it was all that essential, though Braeden mentioned that he liked it. We accompanied it with breadsticks. Try it! You'll like it.

No comments: