Saturday, November 12, 2011

craft show! it happened!

Hey look! It's me! At my craft fair booth! Looking all profesh! This picture was taken around 8 in the am, and look at me all awake and things! Today, for the first time I think ever, I got out of bed before Braeden! This time I was the one who got to jump on the other and say, "Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey!"

The earliest we could enter the mall to choose our booth space and start to set up was 7 am, and, since it was just down the street, I felt like it would be silly not to get there as early as possible. I'm glad that was my attitude, too since by the time we got there around 7:20 almost all the prime spots were already filled! Luckily I was able to snag one of the last good ones for my and my booth-buddy Melissa before they all filled up. I figured that was the least I could do since she told me about the fair, signed us up for a booth, brought chairs for us to sit in all day AND printed me up an amazing banner for my booth. She is magical.

Me and Melissa. We're cool. You can tell because of our posture.
I didn't make a lot of sales, especially of books, but from what I gathered it was a pretty slow day for most people. My best seller today? My button earrings. I did not see that one coming, folks. It was a little disheartening that the item that took me the least amount of time and creativity was the most popular, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes. Did I mention it was also the cheapest? My cereal  box books and cereal box folders did get a lot of attention, though, and I did sell two of the books and one of the folders, and the folder was even sold to someone I didn't know! Be impressed.

There's a Christmas craft fair a few towns over at the beginning of next month and I think I'm gonna get a booth there. I'll make some more cereal box books and some Jell-o books for it to help round out the selection a little bit. Since they're smaller, the Jell-o books will be a little cheaper than the cereal box books so they might sell more. Plus, with Christmas that much closer hopefully people will be looking for gifts and be willing to pay a little more for things.

But, all in all, it was a success! I covered my costs (barely) and had a great time! Braeden was super supportive (surprising no one) and I couldn't have done it without him: I probably would have cried trying to get everything set and ready at least once, that's for sure. As it is I am dry-eyed and bushy tailed and excited to go out there and do it again!

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

First, YOU CUT YOUR HAIR!!!!! I guess I am a bit behind. Wow! You look darling!
Second, congrats on your craft fair. I KNOW how much work those are. I have done many. Way to put yourself out there. Love all your stuff. Wish I could have gone!