Friday, February 18, 2011

i couldn't sleep...so i made a book

The other night I was having a really hard time getting to sleep: this happens sometimes. My mind was just racing with the thoughts of all of the things I have to do (some of which still aren't done...) and I decided that instead of stressing about it and trying to force myself to sleep I was just going to get up and do something, even though it was midnight.

My friend Eric had been asking me to make a tiny book for him to use sort of like flashcards (something about math and other math... I don't really know...) and I figured that would be a good way to get something off my plate and earn a little cash as well. Here's what the final product looked like:

The final product was about 3.5 in by 3.5 in, more or less. I left the string really long and told him that he could trim it down to a more manageable size if he liked. He wanted the cover to be the color of math: I'm not really sure what the color of math is, so I went with blue.

He wanted 90 pages so I had to do a double pamphlet stitch to accommodate them all (that's why there's that little blue tab in the middle).

The paper was graph paper since that's what he'd asked for, and, let's be honest, it's the best kind of lined paper.

Hey! I made that!

No comments: