Monday, September 13, 2010

shake shake shake

I love people who make me laugh. I once had a friend who told me that he was friends with people who he thought were interesting and had interesting opinions to share. I thought that was admirable and made him sound intelligent and open-minded. I thought about myself. Was that true for me? Were my friends intellectuals with whom I would often discuss world or ethical issues at length and whose insights I found intriguing and varied? While I certainly do have a friend or two with whom I occasionally discuss those types of important issues with, the majority of my friends fall under a much different category: people who can make me laugh. Also, people whom I can make laugh. It is a simple yet beautiful symbiotic relationship which I find to be perfectly pleasing to my soul. And I think I found a few more of those friends today.

No comments: