Wednesday, October 7, 2009

quarantined

So remember how I was sick on Monday? Well now everyone else is sick. Six of the girls who went to work this morning left early to rest because they were feeling really sick. A few of them went to the doctor today and here are a some of the diagnosis (diagnosiis?):
  • sinus infection
  • tonsillitis
  • ear infection
  • strep throat
Only 4 girls went to the orphanages this afternoon (as opposed to the usual minimum of 10) while the rest of us stayed home. I was feeling fine but I had a scheduled off and Lorena, our house "mom" suggested I stay home too just to be safe. My stomach has been bothering me a little bit again (but nothing major, so don't worry—I think just left over stuff from not eating regularly since Monday) so maybe it was good advice to stay home and rest.

One consolation, I think, is that people seem to all be sick with different things, so at least it's not an epidemic of some kind, right? Right.

...Right?

I just hope that we can all get better soon so we can get back to work! That is what we're here for, after all. Plus, I don't know what some of the orphanages will do without us because they are so understaffed. It's rough enough when we're all working, I can't imagine how hard it would be with only 1 or 2 people! Let's just all pray for a speedy recovery.

No comments: