Wednesday, September 23, 2009

bonfire

Every Saturday night we have group activities. As far as I know they are supposed to be fun, but are also mandatory. The first week I was here we had a bonfire. The second week we watched the movie Juno and ate delicious Ecuadorian candy. This Saturday we are having a "girls night" complete with face masks and fingernail painting.

I don't want to talk about it.

Here are some pictures from the bonfire, though. It was very Ecuadorian in style, and by that I mean that despite the fact that we were roasting marshmallows and hot dogs (rather American) the bonfire itself was small and made in the "fire pit" in a "park" in our little gated community thing, aka on the dead grass between the basketball courts. Amazing. I ate 2 hot dogs and 18 marshmallows. Don't judge me: one marshmallow here is equivalent to like 1/4 of a marshmallow in the States! And they were delicious.


Me and my roommate Cortney.


Me and Cortney with other roommate and Cortney's cousin Chelsea.


iPod dance party. Try not to be jealous of our hot dance moves. Cassi Dance, anyone?

4 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I can fit 13 jumbo marshmallows in my mouth...at one time. That was in 9th grade, the possibilities are only better now.

steph goodson said...

I miss your sexy dance moves...they are so good. Remember when you pulled that amazing old man dance move out of nowhere? that was awesome.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, when I heard the number of marshmallows you ate...I judged you... I'm sorry. Please forgive me, I love you.

Carter

Dave Buck said...

Um. So you might want to start giving the direction not to judge before you tell us you ate 18 marshmallows. Just fyi, for next time.