Wednesday, October 12, 2011

art class

We've started using watercolors in our drawing class. Yay for more supplies we have to buy! (Sarcasm.) Luckily we already had watercolors and brushes, so we just bummed some paper off of Nikki and we were good to go. Our assignment for this last week was to pick a photocopied line-drawing of a famous painting and make it our own. I picked the one seen below and painted it in purple. I felt pretty good with how it turned out, though I felt like the head I'd painted was much too small. But oh well. The thing about watercolors is that once a mark is on the paper it's on there: you can try to cover it up but you'll always be able to see it right below the surface.


My teacher said he actually preferred mine to the original because he felt like the head was in better proportion in my version. I don't know about that, but I'm glad he liked it.

No comments: