Thursday, May 14, 2009

who needs sleep? no, you're never gonna get it...

I have recently given up on getting a reasonable amount of sleep every night and have accepted the fact that I will be falling asleep in at least one of my classes every day for a period of 5-10 minutes. This amount of time may increase in my literature and film class where my professor insists on turning off all the lights when we watch movies, creating the perfect Pavlovian environment for me to fall asleep in. I have no hope of ever seeing the entire film of Turn of the Screw, Because of Winn-Dixie, Shane, or Pinoccio. At least, not in class.

2 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I can totally relate, I'm taking 8 hours of class too which ends up being about 18 hours of class and labs. Then I have twelve outside volunteer hours for one class and a massive amount of reading and homework. I pretty much sleep like 4-5 hours every night and I have started setting about 4 alarm clocks on my pone.

Hope you are able to catch up!

Larry the hunter said...

sleep is for the animals anyway. Now that I am farming my whole life, I sleep at weird times because I have to get up in the middle of the night and check on water. It's good times. Don't be too jealous. And then I take very long naps in the middle of the day.